Gast
Deutsch English
-->

Forum
Hauptforum Forum: Allgemein Thread: Brazilian federal prosecutors have charged ei
Brazilian federal prosecutors have charged ei Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 18.02.2020 um 04:28 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
sakura698
User
DETROIT -- Matt Boyd has quietly been one of the Detroit Tigers most consistent starters in the second half of the season.Coming into Tuesday night, he was 5-1 since July 1 with a 2.56 ERA in 11 appearances, 10 of them as a starter. He hasnt gotten the same attention as Justin Verlander or Michael Fulmer, but hes been a big reason the Tigers have been able to stay in the wild-card race.Thats why it was surprising when everything blew up in his face against the Minnesota Twins.Boyd gave up seven runs, eight hits and a walk in 3 2/3 innings as the Tigers lost 8-1.I was just out of sync, Boyd said. I wasnt right physically. I feel great, but my mechanics were off. I couldnt repeat my delivery, and thats a recipe for disaster.That cant happen at this time of year.The Tigers lost for the third time in 14 games against Minnesota, costing them precious ground in a crowded race for the AL wild-card spots. They are now two games behind the Blue Jays and the Orioles and tied with the Yankees.Kyle Gibson went eight innings for the Twins and didnt allow a run after Miguel Cabreras first-inning single. He did have to navigate one major jam. In the fourth, with the Twins up 7-1, he walked Tyler Collins and Erick Aybar to load the bases with two out.After a conference with pitching coach Neil Allen and catcher John Ryan Murphy, he threw three straight changeups to Jarrod Saltalamacchia. After two swinging strikes, Gibson got a routine pop fly to end the inning.Thats an offense that can put up runs in a hurry, he said. I wanted to limit them to zero or, at worst one. I had missed on seven straight heaters, so when Murph suggested the changeup, it sounded good to me.Gibson (6-9) threw a perfect fifth inning and never looked back. The win ended a four-start winless streak, including when Gibson allowed five runs in five innings to Detroit on Aug. 23.Jorge Polanco homered and drove in four runs and Brian Dozier added three more hits to his torrid second half.Dozier entered hitting .318 with 26 homers since the All-Star break. Hes hit safely in 17 consecutive games.Buck Farmer saved Detroits bullpen by pitching 4 1/3 scoreless innings, but now the Tigers long reliever will be unavailable for starts by Anibal Sanchez and Mike Pelfrey on Wednesday and Thursday. Sanchez has struggled all year, while Pelfrey will be pitching for the first time since July and is expected to be on a low pitch count.He was outstanding, and it helped us a ton, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. That frees up the rest of the bullpen for the next couple days.Boyd got into trouble quickly, allowing two runs before recording an out. Dozier led off with a base hit and Polanco blooped a double down the right-field line. Robbie Grossman lined Boyds 11th pitch of the night into center for a two-run single, but the Tigers defense prevented further damage.Kennys Vargas hit a hard grounder up the middle, but Jose Iglesias fielded it behind second and got off a backhanded flip toward the bag. Ian Kinsler caught it in his bare hand and threw in one motion to turn the double play.After Cabrera got the Tigers on the board, Polancos two-run homer gave the Twins a three-run lead in the third. Grossman followed with a double, giving the top three in Minnesotas order six hits in six plate appearances, including three doubles and a homer.Polanco had two shots at the triple he needed for the cycle but popped out and walked.TRAINERS ROOMTigers: Justin Upton didnt play after aggravating a calf injury on Monday. Upton, one of Detroits hottest hitters over the last three weeks, hopes to return within a day or two.OLYMPIAN IN THE HOUSEFor the second day in a row, a medalist from the 2016 Summer Olympics threw out the first pitch. After boxing gold medalist Claressa Shields did the honors on Monday, it was Canadian Shelina Zadorsky, who won bronze as a member of the womens soccer team after a college career at the University of Michigan.UP NEXTThe teams play the third of a four-game series Wednesday night, with Sanchez (7-13, 5.69) facing Minnesotas Tyler Duffey (8-11, 6.13). Sanchez has shown some signs of improvement, going 1-1 with a 3.34 ERA in his last five starts. Hugh McElhenny Jersey . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. Mike Wilson Jersey . - Goaltender Philippe Desrosiers of the Rimouski Oceanic has broken a shutout record that was only three months old in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. http://www.custom49ersjersey.com/custom-fred-dean-jersey-large-728d.html . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career. Ken Dorsey Jersey . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. Dave Parks Jersey . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Brazilian federal prosecutors have charged eight people with allegedly recruiting for and promoting terrorist organizations before the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games.They are among several people arrested two weeks before the event in August. Police accused them of pledging allegiance to the self-declared Islamic State on social media and of discussing using weapons and guerrilla tactics to potentially attack during the Olympiics.dddddddddddd Police said one had tried to buy an AK-47 assault rifle.At the time of the arrests, Justice Minister Alexandre de Moraes said the 10 suspects initially detained were ill-prepared amateurs.The Associated Press was unable to locate attorneys for the men and it is not clear if they have entered pleas. ' ' '

IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »

Keine Eintäge gefunden
keine Events geplant