Deutsch English
-->

Forum
Hauptforum Forum: Allgemein Thread: the race panned out, everything worked
the race panned out, everything worked Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 14.02.2020 um 04:19 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
sakura698
User
MIAMI -- If youre healthy or close to it, youre playing. And if youre tired and we need you, youre also playing.Thats what Boston Celtics guard Isaiah Thomas learned on Friday night, when he returned from a groin injury in a win over the Charlotte Hornets.On Sunday, the Celtics (14-12) will visit the Miami Heat (9-18). Boston is in third place in the Eastern Conference but the Celtics also surely know that the Eastern Conference is tightly bunched and that the 11th-place Washington Wizards are only 2 1/2 games out of third place.In other words, this is no time to let up, even if you are trying to work back from an injury that caused you to miss four games, which was the case for Thomas.Isaiah was gassed, Celtics teammate Jae Crowder told the media after Fridays game. He was talking in the locker-room about how gassed he was. But he gives us a better chance to win.Thomas played 35 minutes on Friday, including the entire fourth quarter. But Celtics coach Brad Stevens expressed similar thoughts to those of Crowder.You know, Stevens said half-jokingly, (Thomas) didnt do anything all week.Thomas did plenty on Friday, scoring a game-high 25 points.On Sunday, Thomas will match wits with Heat point guard Goran Dragic. Thomas may all see some of Tyler Johnson, who missed Fridays game due to an illness.Johnson is averaging 13.0 points this season. And while he has started all 25 of his games this season on the bench, he usually ends them on the court -- he leads all NBA players in fourth-quarter minutes.But there is something else Johnson has added to his game this season, and thats his defense. He had a career-high four blocks in the last game he played, on Wednesday against the Indiana Pacers. His previous high in a game was two.Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, who is hoping to get Johnson back in time for Sunday nights home game against the Boston Celtics, said hes pleased with his teams defensive effort so far.We emphasize challenging a lot and that doesnt necessarily mean blocking shots, Spoelstra said. Some people have a better feel for it and better physical gifts to do it.Johnson, at 6-foot-4 and with good leaping ability, seems to fall into that category.He is holding offensive players hes guarding to 41.5-percent shooting, which is 2.7-percent lower than their averages. Johnson is sixth on the team in that category. James Johnson is No. 1 on the Heat, holding shooters to 11.8-percent below their averages.In addition, Tyler Johnson is third on the Heat with 17 blocks. Hassan Whiteside is obviously first, and James Johnson is second.Among guards, Tyler entered the weekend ranked third in the NBA in blocks with 17 -- tied with ex-Heat star Dwyane Wade.Dwyane is arguably the best shot-blocking guard of all time, and I think he is, Spoelstra said. J-Rich (Josh Richardson) has that ability. Tyler has that ability. Justise Winslow has that ability.Even Goran has become better at it just by working hard, challenging and taking pride on making it tough.Having those defenders healthy and active is part of the blueprint that Spoestra envisions. It hasnt really happened yet this season due to injuries, but the potential is there.And then theres this: When Tyler Johnson is able to get two blocks per game, the Heat wins. Its a small sample size, but they are 5-1 in those instances.Perhaps Johnson learned something from Wade in the shot-blocking department.Maybe in just seeing someone taking pride on the defensive side of the floor, Spoelstra said. Those guys (Johnson, Richardson and Winslow) have taken it to the next level to finish plays off.And if those opposing perimeter players get past the Heat guards, Whiteside is often waiting for the block.A lot of the times, I know where his guy is going, Whiteside said of the player Tyler Johnson is guarding. A lot of those (blocked) shots, Im just watching (Johnson) get. Dorian ODaniel Super Bowl Jersey . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Martinas Rankin Super Bowl Jersey . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. http://www.thechiefsshoponline.com/Youth-Charvarius-Ward-Chiefs-Jersey/ . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Christian Okoye Super Bowl Jersey . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Chad Henne Super Bowl Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Its official: Its great to be back in Australia catching up with some friends and family, after what was a pretty incredible couple of weeks in Brazil.Personally, I was pretty happy with how we performed in the 4x100m freestyle relay and proud of the bronze medal the boys and I brought home. It was always going to be a really tough event. Its the benchmark event for a lot of countries and it can really affect the way the whole team performs having that big event up front.So it was a big build-up, but I think we were probably on par with how we wanted to perform as a relay team. We went with the tactics of putting the strongest swimmers at the back of the relay and it panned out all right. It could have gone better but it definitely could have gone much worse. So it was probably right on par with expectations.Obviously there was very high expectations of the wider swim team, and potentially some of those werent met. Olympic gold medals are very hard to win; I can speak from first-hand experience about that.Its hard as an Australian swimmer peaking at that time of the year. The way our trials are set up in April, we have to be peaking then to make the tea, and then youve got maintain those high standards throughout a full Australian, winter which is a really tough thing to do. In summer, most of us train outdoors, were getting up early; but its all bearable because its nice weather and everyone is enjoying themselves.But then youve got to go through winter and thats often when things can fall apart a little, and I think that probably happened on a couple of occasions with swimmers on the team. And then theres the pressure that comes with an Olympic Games, and I think a few people probably struggled with that as well. And thats completely understandable. But I think a few more people will understand now how hard it is to win an Olympic gold medal, and you certainly cant underestimate thaat ever.ddddddddddddWeve got to look at our preparation and I think the time has come to follow the United States lead in staging the Olympic trials much closer to the Games themselves. Judging on the results from the past 20 years or so, the Americans swim fast at their trials and then back it up again at the Games; and then its only a month gap so the swimmers you pick are in form.Were picking swimmers in April and asking them to perform in August, and all sorts of things can happen in between times. I definitely think the American system is the one to follow because theyre the ones winning gold medals.One guy who had no trouble performing was Kyle Chalmers. His gold medal swim in the 100 was superb and I had a sneaky feeling he was a good chance after watching him swim in the relay. He was completely oblivious to the pressure and expectation, and was handling everything perfectly. I had a strong feeling that he could go on with it.I think Cam McEvoy was feeling the pinch a little and Ive experienced that myself a bit going in as the favourite; there was a lot of pressure and expectation on him. But Kyle was just in the perfect position and even the way the race panned out, everything worked perfectly in his favour. It was a brilliant swim.All in all, everyone got along really well -- there was a lot of camaraderie within the Australian team. I think the way that everyone backed each other and supported each other regardless if there were gold medals or fifth, sixth, seventh place finishes of whatever, it was a testament to the strength and unity of the team as a whole.We probably didnt havent the same expectations as a team in London that we did this time, but certainly there was a greater sense of cohesion and togetherness on the team this time around. ' ' '

IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »

Keine Eintäge gefunden
keine Events geplant