Deutsch English
-->

Forum
Hauptforum Forum: Allgemein Thread: aybin (wrist) took batting practice with
aybin (wrist) took batting practice with Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 11.02.2020 um 08:26 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
sakura698
User
LOS ANGELES -- Jose De Leon was feeling calm shortly before his major league debut until he spotted his brother near the bullpen railing. He reached over and they hugged as De Leon whispered I did it, leaving Juan near tears.In another section of Dodger Stadium, De Leons parents were on the edge of their seats, having hurriedly traveled from Puerto Rico on short notice to watch their 20-year-old sons debut in the midst of a pennant race.De Leon didnt disappoint, striking out nine in the Los Angeles Dodgers 7-4 victory over the San Diego Padres on Sunday.Theres no word to describe that, he said. It was amazing to be here for the first time.Taking the mound to start the game, De Leon reached down and scribbled `MPM in the dirt -- a reference to Mommy, Papi and his brothers nickname, Maje. In the broadcast booth, Vin Scully was telling the television audience about De Leon, who was thrilled to get called up before Scully retires at seasons end.For a young kid to make his debut in this environment says a lot about Jose, Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. He kept his composure.Pinch-hitter Yasmani Grandal drove in three runs, including a go-ahead single in the fifth inning, to help the NL West leaders take two of three from the last-place Padres. The Dodgers increased their lead to three games over the Giants, who lost to the Cubs 3-2 in 13 innings.De Leon became the 15th different starting pitcher -- and seventh in seven days -- used by Los Angeles this season. The 24-year-old right-hander, recalled a day earlier from Triple-A Oklahoma City, recorded the second-most strikeouts by a Dodgers pitcher in his major league debut.Hes going to be good for a long time, said Dodgers catcher Austin Barnes, who caught De Leon nine times in the minors. I didnt notice any difference from down there to here. His composure was the same, his tempo was the same.After reaching on a single in the fifth, Wil Myers raved about De Leon.I told Adrian Gonzalez this kid has got great stuff and hes going to be really good, Myers said. I was impressed with his fastball, its got real life on it and hes got a good changeup.De Leon (1-0) gave up four runs and six hits in six innings and didnt issue a walk. He struck out the side in the sixth to finish with a flourish.That was the inning I executed all my pitches, he said, so I was excited.Kenley Jansen pitched the ninth to earn his 42nd save in 48 chances.Kevin Quackenbush (7-5) took the loss in relief, giving up one run and two hits. He walked one.Yasiel Puig hit a three-run homer in the third that put the Dodgers ahead 3-2 in his second start since being recalled last week after a month-long demotion to the minors.Grandal hit a two-run homer with two outs in the seventh, scoring Puig, who walked, and extending the Dodgers lead to 7-4.Chase Utleys RBI single tied the game 4-all in the fifth. Grandal made it 5-4 on an RBI single.Yangervis Solarte hit a two-run homer in the third and the Padres scored the tying and go-ahead runs in the fifth.San Diego starter Christian Friedrich allowed four runs and six hits in 4 1/3 innings of his first start since Aug. 23. He struck out four and walked three. The left-hander had pitched in relief last week after losing eight straight as a starter.DE LEONS KsDe Leon fell one strikeout short of the most by a Dodgers pitcher in their big-league debut. Kazuhisa Ishii in April 2002 against Colorado and Pedro Astacio in July 1992 against Philadelphia had 10 each. De Leons nine strikeouts tied for the third most by a major league pitcher making his debut since 1913 who didnt issue a walk.ITS A WRAPThe Dodgers clinched the season series with the Padres for the sixth straight time. They lead 10-6 with three games left and are 6-4 in Los Angeles.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: INF Alexei Ramirez was released Sunday after being told he wasnt going to be the teams everyday shortstop anymore. The 34-year-old veteran hit .240 with five homers and 41 RBI in 128 games.Dodgers: LHP Clayton Kershaw will start Friday at Miami after spending more than two months on the disabled list with a herniated disk. He wont have a specific pitch count, but will be monitored. ... LHP Brett Anderson was bothered by a blister in a rehab outing at Class A Rancho Cucamonga on Saturday and will be reassessed.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Edwin Jackson (3-5, 6.26 ERA) opens a three-game home series against Boston. Hes coming off a loss in his last start at Atlanta, where he gave up five runs and seven hits in 2 2/3 innings and walked three in a 7-3 defeat.Dodgers: RHP Kenta Maeda (13-8, 3.38) is 1-1 with a 3.68 ERA in four starts against Arizona this season. He has held the Dbacks to a .259 average and struck out 20 while walking three. Sf Air Force 1 Mid Bianche . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. Air Force 1 Sp . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. http://www.airforce1outletitalia.it/scontate-air-force-1-mid-utility.html .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. Air Force 1 Alte Hand Wash Cold . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Air Force 1 Low Italia . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. DETROIT -- Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez might have hoped that giving David Ortiz a present would keep him from beating them yet again.It didnt work.The Tigers honored David Ortiz with a pregame ceremony Saturday night that included two of his closest friends in baseball. Five innings later, his two-run homer in the fifth inning turned out to be the difference in Bostons 3-2 victory over the slumping Tigers.Hes one of those guys who you never want to let beat you, said Tigers catcher James McCann. Daniel (Norris) just made one mistake.Hours earlier, Tigers general manager Al Avila had joined with Cabrera and Martinez for a tribute to Ortizs career. After all three talked about Ortizs impact in pre-recorded videos, they presented him with a large framed photograph from his appearance in the 2005 All-Star Game in Detroit.That meant a lot to me, because those two guys are brothers to me -- they are family, Ortiz said. To hear what they said about me was great. They will stay with me forever.The Tigers nearly sent the game to extra innings in the early moments of Sunday morning.With two out in the ninth, Justin Upton drove a pitch from Craig Kimbrel to deep center field and started celebrating the game-tying homer, but it hit inches from the top of the fence, 420 feet away.I hit that ball about as good as I can hit it, Upton said. I was obviously shocked, but at the same time you know what park you are playing in. Its a big yard out there.Upton ended up on second, and Casey McGehee struck out to end the game at 12:17 am.We were a couple inches from tying the game, Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Were just in one of those funks offensively where runs dont come.The start of the game was delayed 80 minutes by storms that moved into the area during the afternoon, and another heavy downpour interrupted the game for about 71 minutes after the fifth inning.That was a long night, but we never lost our focus, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. Luckily, David got a high fastball and put it out. We needed that.Drew Pomeranz (2-2) gave up one run and four hits in five innings. He struck out three, but did not walk a batter. Kimbrel got the last four outs for his 22nd save.McCann and J.D. Martinez homered for the Tigers, who have lost 10 of 13.We cant worry about that -- we have another game tomorrow, Ausmus said before looking at the clock. Well, we actually have another game later today.Norris (1-2) took the loss, giving up three runs and eighht hits in his five innings.dddddddddddd He walked two and struck out four while escaping multiple jams.I thought he looked good, McCann said. We attacked with his fastball and had success, but unfortunately the rain cut his outing short.Boston took the lead in the third, but could have had a much bigger inning. Dustin Pedroia, Xander Bogaerts and Ortiz started it with singles to load the bases, but Mookie Betts hit into a double play.Pedroia scored and Norris walked Hanley Ramirez before retiring Jackie Bradley Jr. to end the inning.McCann then tied the game with a solo homer in the bottom of the inning.Ortiz, though, broke the tie in the fifth with his second homer in two nights. The two-run shot gave him 1,500 RBI with the Red Sox.The Tigers put their first two runners on in the bottom of the fifth, but McCann hit into a double play and Andrew Romine grounded out. Moments later, the second storm hit, resulting in a 71-minute delay.Martinez pulled the Tigers to 3-2 with a long homer to left in the seventh. Matt Barnes walked two batters in the eighth, but Erick Aybar popped out on the first pitch he saw for the second out.That brought Kimbrel in to face Cabrera for the first time in their careers. Cabrera lined out to left field on an 0-1 pitch.I thought that Craig getting out of that on two pitches was huge, Farrell said. That set him up to get able to get through the ninth.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: OF Chris Young (hamstring) has played in six rehab games with Triple-A Pawtucket, and is hitting .211 (4-for-19) with two doubles. He has also played three games in left field.Tigers: OF Cameron Maybin (wrist) took batting practice with the team in the indoor cages under the stands. The Tigers hope to have him back in about a week.THANKING BIG PAPIDuring his speech, Avila joked about Detroit also always remembering the damage Ortiz has done -- a reference to his series-changing grand slam in the 2013 ALCS -- while Cabrera, speaking in Spanish, pleaded with him to play one more season.UP NEXTThe teams finish the four-game series Sunday afternoon with Detroit ace Justin Verlander (12-7, 3.44) facing Bostons Henry Owens, who is replacing scheduled starter Eduardo Rodriguez (hamstring). The Red Sox are one of the few teams with a positive record against Verlander, who is 4-5 with a 3.05 ERA in 14 starts against them. ' ' '

IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »

Keine Eintäge gefunden
keine Events geplant