Gast
Deutsch English
-->

Forum
Hauptforum Forum: Allgemein Thread: y as many as 16 points, going up 77-61 with 2:31 remaining on T
y as many as 16 points, going up 77-61 with 2:31 remaining on T Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 19.02.2020 um 04:36 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
sakura698
User
NAPA, Calif. -- Raiders tight end Clive Walford had the type of offseason that makes coaches cringe and smile.Walford suffered a knee injury while riding an ATV, and while the accident wasnt serious, it was enough to keep the 2015 third-round draft pick out of all of Oaklands OTAs and minicamps.On the other hand, Walford healed up enough to spend time with quarterback Derek Carr for private workouts, making up for the lost time and giving Walford a head start going into training camp.Walford showed how critical that was to his development when he made a one-handed catch on a deep throw from Carr during individual drills Wednesday.Youll see him every day we come out to warm up, as soon as he comes out he comes straight to me and wants to catch from me, Carr said. Thats the kind of things that we need and thats how he is.Walford is trying to make it through the preseason without a setback after missing large chunks of training camp during his rookie season because of hamstring and knee injuries.The injuries prevented Walford from practicing and were a major factor in his slow start. A holder of numerous tight end records at the University of Miami, Walford caught only three passes in the Raiders first five games a year ago and finished with 28 receptions for 329 yards and three touchdowns.Part of that was due to Oaklands revolving door at tight end in 2015. Mychal Rivera caught 32 passes as the primary receiving tight end while Lee Smith was used primarily as an extra blocker.Although its possible the Raiders might still keep three tight ends for the upcoming season, its equally likely theyll go with two.Walford figures to be atop the depth chart no matter how many tight ends Oakland keeps. He is a better blocker than Rivera, a better receiver than Smith and has the size (6-foot-4, 250 pounds) to be a match-up problem against opposing linebackers and safeties.I just continue to do what Ive been doing, working hard ever since I was at Miami, Walford said. If you work hard itll start to show. I guess thats what its doing.The Raiders werent happy when news broke of Walfords injury while riding the ATV. Walford said he hit an unexpected bump on the trail and tumbled off.Believe it or not, when the accident first happened I didnt realize how serious it was until I got to the hospital, Walford said. I thought maybe I just needed some stitches. They told me I was going to be out for a while, so I had to inform the team.Although he was unable to take part in on-field workouts while recovering, Walford stayed busy in the meeting rooms and weight room. Catching passes from Carr away from practices also helped make up for the lost time.The chemistry is still there, Walford said. I just have to get back into football shape.Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said Walfords desire to work out with Carr on the side was encouraging.When you take the time to get on the same page with your quarterback, if youre somebody thats going to catch the ball and be involved in the offense, thats a positive thing, Del Rio said. Thats a great sign for our football team. We see him as a real key player in our offense. Glad to have him back doing his thing.Game notes Undrafted defensive lineman Greg Townsend Jr. returned to practice. ... Owner Mark Davis will fly Friday to Canton, Ohio, along with his mother for the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies for the late Ken Stabler.---AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Matt Carpenter . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Tyler ONeill . Self was acquired from the Buffalo Bandits in a trade for Alex Hill midway through last season, and made his debut in Rochester on March 16, 2013. http://www.custommlbcardinalsjersey.com/custom-justin-williams-jersey-large-1491q.html . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. Jordan Hicks . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. Bob Gibson . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands -- Abdul-Malik Abu scored 25 points, and North Carolina State pulled away in the second half to beat Montana 85-72 Friday in the opening day of the Paradise Jam tournament.Dennis Smith Jr. added 21 points and Torin Dorn had 16 for the Wolfpack (3-0), who didnt overcome a pesky Grizzlies team until midway through the second half.Montana (0-3) had battled with N.C. State, even leading 40-38 at the half in a game that had 10 ties and 14 lead changes. But the final lead change went the Wolfpacks way, thanks to a 12-2 run that put N.C. State in command.We had to dig down in the second half, N.C. State coach Mark Gottfried said. Defensively, we were a lot better in the second half. From the 15-16 minute mark down, we really defended really well.The Wolfpack went on to lead by as many as 16 points, going up 77-61 with 2:31 remaining on Terry Hendersons 3-pointer.Walter Wright had 22 points, Ahmaad Rorie 15 and Sayeed Pridgett 12 for the GGrizzlies.ddddddddddddWe tried to do a little too much, Montana coach Travis DeCuire said. We were playing well together on both sides of the ball, but they hit a stretch where they started hitting some tough shots. We let some guys get going.BIG PICTUREMontana: The Grizzlies are off to their worst start in coach Travis DeCuires three seasons. Under DeCuire, Montana has gone 20-13 and 21-12.N.C. State: Finally has a win over a team from the Big Sky -- the only one of the 31 Division conferences the Wolfpack did not have a victory against. N.C. State was 0-1 against the conference all time, having lost to Weber State 94-80 in the 1993 Great Alaska Shootout.UP NEXTMontana: Plays the loser of Friday nights Washington State-No. 22 Creighton game on Saturday.N.C. State: Faces the Washington State-Creighton winner in the semifinals on Sunday. ' ' '

IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »

Keine Eintäge gefunden
keine Events geplant