Deutsch English
-->

Forum
Hauptforum Forum: Allgemein Thread: be here in Cardiff and fighting for a
be here in Cardiff and fighting for a Seite: « 1 »
#1 am 18.02.2020 um 04:26 Uhr Diesen Beitrag zitieren
sakura698
User
Underperforming batsmen and an untimely calf flare-up to Steve OKeefe have complicated matters further for Australias interim selection panel on the eve of an especially tense squad announcement for the Adelaide Test.The acting chairman of selectors, Trevor Hohns, is expected to name a 13-man squad for the day/night match on Sunday afternoon, underlining the uncertainty surrounding Australian cricket on the back of five consecutive defeats, and two in a row at home for the first time since the fateful Ashes summer of 2010-11.While the youthful trio of Peter Handscomb, Matt Renshaw and Travis Dean all put their names in lights with centuries, Joe Burns and Callum Ferguson completed double failures in the Sheffield Shield match between Queensland and South Australia at the Gabba to slip further towards the precipice.Of equal concern for the panel is the fact that OKeefe is believed to have suffered a flaring of an ongoing calf problem on day three of the New South Wales v Victoria encounter at the SCG. He had been favoured to return to the Test XI in place of the incumbent Nathan Lyon, who has struck a horrid wicket drought at the worst possible time.OKeefes injury prognosis may also have a knock-on effect for the wicketkeepers Peter Nevill and Matthew Wade. While the Australians are eager for the lower-order heft that Wade could provide, his inferior glovework, particularly to Lyon, may yet play in Nevills favour. A third spin option, Jon Holland, has bowled well for Victoria at the SCG.Another name, not seen in lights for some time, is that of Sam Whiteman, the Western Australia wicketkeeper. A half-century and century against Tasmania at the WACA Ground met yet cause his name, too, to be discussed in the stumpers stakes.The elegant New South Wales left-hander Kurtis Patterson did his chances no harm with a well-constructed 55 for his state on Saturday. Patterson and Handscomb would likely slot into the places vacated by Ferguson and the concussed Adam Voges.Renshaw and Dean, two players not considered particularly fashionable in terms of physique or method, both place a high premium on batting time, a quality badly missing in Australias recent defeats. Another possible choice, though less likely, is Victorias Marcus Harris, who moved from Western Australia at the start of the season to good effect - only Handscomb is ahead of him on the national aggregates.Among the pace bowlers to support Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood, the South Australia pair of Chadd Sayers and Daniel Worrall are in the selectors thoughts, as is Jackson Bird. Like his fellow Redback Ferguson, Joe Mennie may yet find himself on the outer after only one Test - a further measure of how much things have changed in the course of a single fractious week.Possible squad Steven Smith (capt), Matt Renshaw, David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Kurtis Patterson, Peter Handscomb, Matthew Wade (wk), Steve OKeefe, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Daniel Worrall/Chadd Sayers. Air Max 270 React Pas Cher Femme .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. Air Max 270 Be True Pas Cher . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. http://www.airmax270reactpascher.fr/fausse-air-max-270-react-blanche.html . The All-Pro lineman got the leg bent under him while trying to make a tackle during the first half of a 22-20 overtime loss at Miami on Thursday night. The medical staff initially thought hed torn the ligament, and the test a day later in Cincinnati confirmed it. Air Max 270 React Noir Et Blanc Pas Cher .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. Air Max 270 Se Reflective Off Noir . JOHNS, N. Puerto Rican lightweight Orlando Cruz said he is not only fighting for himself but also for the gay community.Cruz, who came out in 2012 as boxings first openly gay fighter, will challenge lightweight world titleholder Terry Flanagan on Saturday (beIN Sports Espanol, 11 p.m. ET, same-day tape) at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, Wales.Terry Flanagan is a true world champion and will defend his title with everything he has. However, I am prepared and ready for victory and to be crowned the new world champion. I want to inspire the gay community by becoming a world champion on Saturday, Cruz said this week. Terry is a great champion and a real peoples person. More importantly, he respects my life and my choices.He sees the man boxing him and that is it. Everyone has been very supportive since I came out three years ago. I have the support of my family, friends and fans.Cruz, 35, who was a 2000 Olympian for Puerto Rico, lost his first shot at a world title, getting knocked out by then-featherweight titlist Orlando Salido in the seventh round in October 2013 in Las Vegas. Six months later, Cruz lost a 10-round decision to Gamalier Rodriguez.Since then, Cruz (25-4-1, 13 KOs), a southpaw, has won five fights in a row at junior lightweight. He will be moving up from the 130-pound division to the 135-pound lightweight division to face Flanagan.dddddddddddd.When I look at my story, it makes me hopeful that more people will be inspired to come out, Cruz said. Right now my focus is fully on the big fight on Saturday and winning the WBO lightweight belt. Ive been feeling the love from the British people since I arrived here on Monday. Everyone has been very welcoming to me and I have nothing but respect for them. I am very happy to be here in Cardiff and fighting for another world title.Flanagan (31-0, 12 KOs), a 27-year-old southpaw from England who will be making his fourth title defense, hopes to take care of Cruz and then move on to a bigger fight -- perhaps a unification against the winner of an expected rematch between champion Jorge Linares and Anthony Crolla, Flanagans Manchester, England rival.He said he respects Cruzs lifestyle, but that it makes no difference to him.Look, it was very brave of Orlando to come out, but Im not interested in either his sexuality or his personal life, Flanagan said. Im only inte

IP gespeichert
Seite: « 1 »

Keine Eintäge gefunden
keine Events geplant